What you do with your shakes and bakes is your business. So here’s how we handle your privacy….
We are Roots ‘n Shoots (Nutrition) Ltd a UK limited company registered in England & Wales at 239 Ribbleton Lane, Preston, Lancashire PR1 5EA (11736651). In this document Roots ‘n Shoots (Nutrition) Ltd will sometimes be referred to as “we”.
We fully respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. As with many websites, we collect personal information from you when you visit our site. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the General Data Protection Regualtion (GDPR)
We use this information to make your browsing experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. We may also need it to send you offers and promotions, subject to any preference that you may indicate when submitting your personal information.
This policy (together with our terms of website use) and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in the ‘Contact’ form on our site www.roots-n-shoots.com (our site). We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs, other communication data, and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to compile aggregate information about areas of our site visited most frequently. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. A cookie can be thought of an Internet user’s identification card. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site, for example your name, past orders etc.
Cookies are not computer programs, and cannot read other information saved on your hard drive. They can not be used to disseminate viruses, or get a user’s email address. They only contain and transfer to our site as much information as you have disclosed to our site.
Where we Store your Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind a firewall.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To help maintain the quality of our goods and services we may also use your information to contact you to request feedback on the products you have ordered and the service you have received.
We may also use your information to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post.
If you consent to us using your information in this way, for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on any form on which we collect your personal information.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the unlikely event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- In the unlikely event that Roots ‘n Shoots or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Roots ‘n Shoots, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at roots-n-shoots.com.
When you click on ‘Our Shop’ link it will direct you away from our site. Our site may also from time to time, contain links to and from advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Access to Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at Roots ‘n Shoots.